The oil rig mechanic performs daily prophylactic support checks to assure equipment is running within proper limitations
Troubleshoot mechanical failure for root-cause and repairas required
- Caterpillar 3500 series engines and power generators
- Hydraulic and pneumatic mechanisms
- Electrical and electronic systems and technologies
- Specific equipment for the oil rigs (draw-works, top drives, mud pumps, moving systems, etc.)
- Document all work which is performed on work orders and entry into MP2 program everyday
- Support critical spare parts inventory and initiate purchases orders for all kinds of parts and equipment as required
- Sets up and manage power, air and hand instruments to do and repair parts
- Train Motor men to properly support equipment and perform small repairs as necessary
- Keep clear communication with the other oil rig crew members, relief and supervisor
- Follow DDI policies and procedures
- Perform other duties which are assigned
CORE COMPETENCIES TO THE RIG MECHANIC
- Obligation to Excellence – the oil rig mechanic identifies what needs to be made and takes action to accomplish a standard of excellence beyond job expectations.
- Company Values- the rig mechanic understands, embraces, and integrates the hiring company’s mission, vision and core values into everyday duties and responsibilities.
- Customer Services – oil rig mechanic identifies and responds to current and future needs of the client by securing good service to internal and external clients.
- Teamwork – resourceful team player which builds, strengthens, and supports collaborative relationships with others crew members of the oil rig platform inside or outside the organization.
- Safety and Security – rig mechanic promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers.
TYPICAL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Usually required 5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and such kind of experience
- Oil Rig Experience (required in most cases)
- Caterpillar 3500 series experience (required)
- Valid Driver’s License